Not fully clear or transparent.
- ‘Other common stones are carnelians, which are a semi-opaque reddish orange, and turquoise from Iraq, which is sky blue.’
- ‘All the colour and scent of the flowers is lost behind a rustling, flapping, sheath of cheap semi-opaque cellophane wrapping.’
- ‘For more UV protection, consider buying semi-opaque or solid color stains.’
- ‘Yellow sunlight shines through the semi-opaque white plastic tank, and the lethal fluid within glows mysteriously.’
- ‘In 1983 stay-up's appeared in beautiful designs: matt, opaque, shimmering, transparent, semi-opaque, fine-meshed, woolen and silken.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.