One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occurring or published twice a month.‘semi-monthly pay days’
- ‘Alternately, the same night, the Neon Love crew will be launching their semi-monthly Pastel night over at Mile End Bar.’
- ‘Plan a series of monthly or semi-monthly nights for the entire church family to get together.’
- ‘The Journal of Clinical Oncology is the semi-monthly peer-reviewed journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the world's leading professional society representing physicians who treat people with cancer.’
- ‘One cannot but be awed to consider how the crowded mural of Bleak House or the elaborate tapestry of Little Dorrit were held together on semi-monthly basis.’
- ‘All in all, a semi-monthly trip to New York or Paris is more profitable than servicing the Savile Row clients on a weekly basis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.