Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
adjective & noun
- another term for semi-fluid
- ‘Another drying method for liquids or semi-liquids, including milk, eggs, and instant coffee, is spray drying.’
- ‘And since this material is a liquid, or a semi-liquid, it will flow into any irregular spaces, and then that layer is sealed against the external environment with a standard material.’
- ‘When swimmers are training twice per day, they should consume 300 to 500 calories of liquid or semi-liquid carbohydrate substance before morning training.’
- ‘The main reason slush drinks stay semi-liquid is their high sugar content.’
- ‘It needs only power and a constant feed of semi-liquid construction material.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.