One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- another term for semi-fluid
- ‘When swimmers are training twice per day, they should consume 300 to 500 calories of liquid or semi-liquid carbohydrate substance before morning training.’
- ‘And since this material is a liquid, or a semi-liquid, it will flow into any irregular spaces, and then that layer is sealed against the external environment with a standard material.’
- ‘The main reason slush drinks stay semi-liquid is their high sugar content.’
- ‘Another drying method for liquids or semi-liquids, including milk, eggs, and instant coffee, is spray drying.’
- ‘It needs only power and a constant feed of semi-liquid construction material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.