One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a thick consistency between solid and liquid.‘the Earth's semi-fluid lower mantle’
- ‘Art hung on the walls, actual semi-fluid pigment manually applied to a canvas substrate.’
- ‘Organisms living in that environment would, of necessity, be specifically adapted to coping with a very soft, semi-fluid bottom.’
- ‘All hollowpoint bullets depend on a fluid or semi-fluid medium to enter the hollowpoint cavity and push out on the walls to start expansion.’
A semi-fluid substance.
mash, mush, purée, cream, pressé, pap, slop, paste, slush, mulch, swill, slurry, semi-liquid, messView synonyms
- ‘At one point, he must have weighed close to two hundred pounds - eyes milky semi-fluid, coat a mess of folds and fatty tumors.’
- ‘Soils, be they active or buried, represent dynamic, extremely viscous fluids or semi-fluids.’
- ‘All fluids, semifluids, creams and powders must be dispensed correctly with a disinfected spatula.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.