One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a partially derelict state.‘a semi-derelict farmhouse’
- ‘The job of turning these hitherto semi-derelict cottages into a desirable home has been partially accomplished - the owners bought the cottages four years ago and have been working on them ever since.’
- ‘An application has been made to develop the Ice House, which is currently in a semi-derelict protected structure, into an up-market hotel and spa.’
- ‘It was felt the warehouse's position alongside the town's main supermarket would not only mean the rescue of a semi-derelict listed building, but also bring health services in the town up to the necessary standards.’
- ‘Two weeks ago I was staying in a semi-derelict chateau in France, where only 20 out of 197 rooms are lived in.’
- ‘They collected 160 bags from the bypass and from a semi-derelict area west of the Market Place and also gathered another 20 bags from Boroughbridge Road and another 15 from paths on Gallows Hill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.