One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To avoid wind damage, plants were grown in a semi-cylindrical house covered with cheesecloth throughout the experimental period.’
- ‘By slipping some beer-can shims between the hinged top piece and the two knurled semi-cylindrical clamshell halves it clamps over, the slippage, as well as an annoying creaking sound, disappeared.’
- ‘Bluehead wrasses have long, semi-cylindrical or cigar-shaped bodies.’
- ‘The semi-cylindrical tubes were 1.2-m long, made of 1-cm welded wire mesh (hardware cloth), and closed at one end.’
- ‘This object is brown, semi-cylindrical in shape, and looks kind of… squishy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.