One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lexical set of semantically related items, for example verbs of perception.
- ‘Not acknowledging the self-absorption in works that ‘rhyme’ falsifies our account of the semiotic and semantic fields created by literary rules and hypotheses.’
- ‘These semantic parameters instantiate nonlocal connections between distant semantic fields and create a complex web of mutual influences.’
- ‘Borrowing from English, however, is threatening to disrupt the unity of a great many semantic fields which are linked by these metaphors.’
- ‘This semantic field reveals an emic understanding of blindness, which involves the importance of everything visual in ancient Mediterranean culture.’
- ‘This prediction follows from the idea that spontaneous chain-linkages are generated between semantically related elements, within and across semantic fields.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.