One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lexical set of semantically related items, for example verbs of perception.
- ‘Not acknowledging the self-absorption in works that ‘rhyme’ falsifies our account of the semiotic and semantic fields created by literary rules and hypotheses.’
- ‘This prediction follows from the idea that spontaneous chain-linkages are generated between semantically related elements, within and across semantic fields.’
- ‘Borrowing from English, however, is threatening to disrupt the unity of a great many semantic fields which are linked by these metaphors.’
- ‘These semantic parameters instantiate nonlocal connections between distant semantic fields and create a complex web of mutual influences.’
- ‘This semantic field reveals an emic understanding of blindness, which involves the importance of everything visual in ancient Mediterranean culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.