One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sell the capital assets of a country to foreign interests.‘the government is happy to keep selling off the farm’
- ‘There is, however, growing disquiet in the community about what many see as selling off the farm.’
- ‘The union is calling for appropriate levels of funding for the Service rather than selling off the farm for so-called short-term financial relief.’
- ‘"We are selling off the farm and pretty soon there won't be any farm left," he said.’
- ‘Not selling off the farm seems a good idea for maximizing national independence.’
- ‘Critics within the oil industry say that the government is selling the farm, and that it should have confined the international oil companies to oilfields which had been discovered but not developed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.