One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or state of being selfish; lack of consideration for other people.‘an act of pure selfishness’
egocentrism, egotism, egomania, introversion, self-seeking, self-serving, self-obsession, self-absorption, self-regard, self-interest, self-loveView synonyms
- ‘I thought being human was all about goodness and sharing, not about greed and selfishness.’
- ‘As a manifestation of petty selfishness and greed such meanness is hard to credit.’
- ‘It is based upon greed and selfishness and the only god is profit, regardless.’
- ‘His examples from the past reveal that greed, hubris and selfishness often impeded recognition of a problem until it was too late.’
- ‘In an era dominated by greed and selfishness, they acted with phenomenal selflessness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.