One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to continue in a healthy state without outside assistance.‘the refugees had attained self-sustenance and had been contributing to the nation's economy’
independence, self-reliance, self-support, self-standingView synonyms
- ‘A school of environmental thought argues that hunting of wildlife is for self-sustenance and needs to be allowed.’
- ‘While at the skills development centre, the mayor planted vegetable seed in recognition of the need for self-sustenance.’
- ‘Ultimately, the project seeks to foster community participation and support initiatives that promote self-sustenance.’
- ‘The council has come up with a number of fund-raising projects all aimed at self-sustenance.’
- ‘The coconut tree depicted represents self-sustenance and the ability to grow and survive under adverse circumstances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.