One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The devotion of time and attention to gaining knowledge of an academic subject without assistance from a teacher or tutor.‘he furthered his education through self-study’
- ‘A good outcome requires discipline, self-study, and time.’
- ‘Students undertake self-study between group meetings to satisfy perceived gaps in the knowledge base.’
- ‘They are committed to using a self-study computer program.’
- ‘The Foundation itself currently administers two online self-study courses and three online instructor-led classes.’
- ‘Certain leadership traits, behaviors, and methods can be learned or acquired through experience, education, training, and self-study.’
- ‘I do a lot of self-study through journals and discussions with my peers.’
- ‘The book is designed for self-study.’
- ‘These books are well-suited for teacher-aided instruction or self-study, and are especially useful to beginners.’
- ‘I'm pleased to say that as a result of all of that self-study, I came to discover a truly progressive side of my religion.’
- ‘If you are doing self-study, there's just your computer screen to talk to.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.