One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, stems tapering according to stress self-similarity had the larger factors of safety near their base compared to those tapering according to geometric or elastic self-similarity.’
- ‘The results are visually more subtle than the instantly identifiable, artificial patterns generated using exact self-similarity, where the patterns repeat exactly at different magnifications.’
- ‘The principle of self-similarity that underlies fractal geometry, crucial to the scientific understanding of nature, is reflected in much two-dimensional South African art, including beadwork and mural arts among the Basotho.’
- ‘For example, a number of musicians have played with the fractal notion of self-similarity, in which each smaller piece of a structure is a miniature version of the larger structure.’
- ‘Nature builds its fractals using statistical self-similarity: the patterns observed at different magnifications, although not identical, are described by the same statistics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.