One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On one hand, we were scared; on the other hand, we were also self-restrained.’
- ‘I don't think I would have been so self-restrained.’
- ‘This may be a puzzlement to those around you because most of the time you are so self-restrained and in perfect control.’
- ‘A self-restrained judge, by contrast, will largely defer to elected politicians except in the most egregious instances, and will be reluctant to develop the meaning of clauses of the Constitution.’
- ‘Ever since he lost the election for Taipei mayor, he has been humble and self-restrained, quiet and modest, to the surprise of many.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.