One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One of the most interesting examples occurs in her chapter on Andrea Mantegna, an artist much given to self-portraiture and with a reputation for irony and wit.’
- ‘They construct poetics that ‘dissolve’ the authorial self, deliberately subverting the conventional genres of autobiography, self-portraiture and lyric confession.’
- ‘They also show her affinity to artists like Beckmann and Rembrandt, for whom self-portraiture (in prints as well as other mediums) provided a rich vein of material and a vehicle for formal invention.’
- ‘It is no wonder then that portraiture and self-portraiture have long been favourite genres for both artists and audiences alike.’
- ‘Especially in light of art history's growing dread of anachronism, a subject like Renaissance self-portraiture inevitably seems trickier and more difficult than ever.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.