One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The pollination of a flower by pollen from the same flower or from another flower on the same plant.
- ‘This result is contrary to our hypothesis that the pollination-dependent detrimental fitness effects of clipping were caused by increased self-pollination in damaged plants.’
- ‘Treatment B was conducted to examine autonomous self-pollination by enclosing intact flowers, before anthesis, in small plastic bags.’
- ‘As for calculation of the selfing rate, self-pollination was with pollen from other flowers of the same plant.’
- ‘Emasculated plants produced 1.3 times the number of seeds produced by plants experiencing natural self-pollination.’
- ‘Geitonogamy can be due to self-pollination between flowers on the same branch, different flowering branches of the same plant, or different ramets of the same clonal genet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.