One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Among experimentally self-pollinated flowers, fruit set is lower and seeds are smaller than among cross-pollinated flowers.’
- ‘Hand cross-pollination resulted in a non-significant difference in seeds per pod compared with hand self-pollinated flowers.’
- ‘In contrast, self-pollination was conducted using pollen from dehisced staminate flowers on the same inflorescence or branch as the self-pollinated carpel.’
- ‘Ovules from self-pollinated carpels appear to degenerate early in development.’
- ‘However, in a separate study, we observed that the amount and elongation rate of self-pollinated pollen tubes in the styles did not differ from those that were cross-pollinated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.