One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Young peacocks, whose train is only half grown, strut self-importantly around a bevy of shawl-clad females, who ignore them totally.’
- ‘On practically every flight these days you'll encounter cell-phone maniacs, barking self-importantly into their little chunks of plastic.’
- ‘Lighten up and stop taking yourselves so self-importantly.’
- ‘He was to remain self-importantly there until his retirement at the age of sixty-five in 1914.’
- ‘I think that he is a conventionally PC - and self-importantly ascetic - clergyman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.