One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a walk, tour, etc.) undertaken without the supervision of a guide.‘a self-guided tour of the city’‘a seven-night self-guided walking holiday’
- ‘The local Information Centres have leaflets on self-guided walks around the areas or you can join a guided walk if you prefer.’
- ‘Tourist season peaks in spring, but locals enjoy the arboretum year-round, taking self-guided tours or walking and jogging the paths.’
- ‘Discover his many buildings including the recently opened Holmwood House, or follow one of the heritage trails and self-guided walking tours available.’
- ‘You can view this art on self-guided and guided interpretive tours.’
- ‘Lake Eacham is a five-minute, self-guided walk away with the local rangers providing a pamphlet detailing the various plants and trees marked along the track.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.