One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His conscious decision to leave behind his family ties, which also implies a deliberate distancing from his Southern heritage, makes him apt to develop a self-governed identity and to acquire legacies which are chosen, not given.’
- ‘The original government structure was composed of a self-governed assembly known as the Arengo, which consisted of the heads of each family.’
- ‘The Irish industry is entirely self-governed but there are government proposals to introduce legislation for the industry.’
- ‘Mount Athos is a self-governed part of the Greek state subject to that country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs politically, and to the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople in regards to religion.’
- ‘The campaign aims to hand over some level of authority to local administrative bodies, for example, small towns that are not self-governed municipalities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.