One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the letter, Paul engaged in a self-defensive polemic.’
- ‘When a threat exists, a person's primary self-defensive goal is to affirm the integrity of the self, not to resolve the particular threat.’
- ‘It's transformed into something else, a weird therapeutic exposé, partly self-defensive, partly confessional, and largely performative (it's no secret at any point that cameras are rolling).’
- ‘Even now he is remarkably self-defensive about this career move, which made him rich but also did enormous damage to his reputation as an intellectual.’
- ‘While common sense demands factory jacketed loads in semi-automatics for self-defensive use, there is nothing that says we have to use the same ammunition for practice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.