One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even the most self-controlled individual is susceptible to stress, which is the body's reaction to injurious forces, infections, and various abnormal states that tend to disturb its normal physiological equilibrium.’
- ‘The recommendations do not extend to predatory aggression or what has been described as planned and self-controlled aggressive behavior.’
- ‘Tranquil and self-controlled, this person projects an image of security, stability, and confidence.’
- ‘Normally, they are self-controlled, calm and sympathetic.’
- ‘He exhibited all the most valuable traits characteristic of this variety of personality, being scrupulous, self-controlled, honest, and passionately concerned with the pursuit of truth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.