One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In most cases what is understood as ‘fact’ by scientists has withstood the tests of self-consistency, replicability and peer-review, which are key to the validation of scientific knowledge.’
- ‘By uniquely defining the universe of genes to be analyzed, this definition provides self-consistency and makes the definition of distances independent of any genes to be discovered in the future.’
- ‘Its practitioners are in fact inclined to be rather disdainful of any such systemising or self-consistency seeking enterprise.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the resubstitution test is absolutely necessary because it reflects the self-consistency of an identification method, especially for its algorithm part.’
- ‘Its self-consistency, direct measurements of predicted plate motions, earthquake focal mechanisms, and distribution of earthquakes have all played their part in confirming the theory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.