One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Its self-consistency, direct measurements of predicted plate motions, earthquake focal mechanisms, and distribution of earthquakes have all played their part in confirming the theory.’
- ‘In most cases what is understood as ‘fact’ by scientists has withstood the tests of self-consistency, replicability and peer-review, which are key to the validation of scientific knowledge.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the resubstitution test is absolutely necessary because it reflects the self-consistency of an identification method, especially for its algorithm part.’
- ‘By uniquely defining the universe of genes to be analyzed, this definition provides self-consistency and makes the definition of distances independent of any genes to be discovered in the future.’
- ‘Its practitioners are in fact inclined to be rather disdainful of any such systemising or self-consistency seeking enterprise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.