One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The historical voice of judicial authority is privileged, while opposition to the Court's self-aggrandizing tendencies is ignored, muted, or discredited.’
- ‘I would love to meet the self-aggrandizing, pompous, and omniscient souls who prostitute their talent designing the heartbreakingly ugly strip malls, supermarkets, and drugstores that have taken over every city I visit.’
- ‘He always ducks the obvious, loud, self-aggrandizing statement in favor of the quiet, inquisitive, other-focused, elusively self-concealing statement.’
- ‘When dealing with masters of spin, hypocrites, manipulators, power brokers and self-aggrandizing media moguls I have a little difficulty concentrating on their speeches while blissfully ignoring their motivations.’
- ‘The law is what a handful of self-aggrandizing old men and women think it should be, without regard to text and without meaningful deference to the democratic processes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.