One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of representing oneself or one's views or interests.
- ‘Understanding helps prepare them for lifelong practices of self-advocacy.’
- ‘Participants illustrated that being older strengthened self-concept, self-advocacy, goal focus, and time-management skills.’
- ‘Results indicate that life experiences contribute to academic skills, time management, goal focus, and self-advocacy.’
- ‘The results of this research indicate that skills in time management, goal focus, and self-advocacy are all essential to college readiness.’
- ‘While academic skills are clearly important, time management, goal focus, and self-advocacy emerged as more important through stories, experiences, and reflections.’
- ‘The theme of self-advocacy in this study is congruent with ideas about the relationship between college student success and self-regulating behavior.’
- ‘Personal development and self-advocacy are also important factors within the programmes.’
- ‘They learn about healthy reactions and communication, managing depression, gathering information, physical fitness, nutrition and self-advocacy.’
- ‘There, they study horticulture, catering, cooking and self-advocacy, which allows the trainees to make their own choices and decisions and be treated as adults.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.