One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of representing oneself or one's views or interests.
- ‘Personal development and self-advocacy are also important factors within the programmes.’
- ‘There, they study horticulture, catering, cooking and self-advocacy, which allows the trainees to make their own choices and decisions and be treated as adults.’
- ‘Participants illustrated that being older strengthened self-concept, self-advocacy, goal focus, and time-management skills.’
- ‘The results of this research indicate that skills in time management, goal focus, and self-advocacy are all essential to college readiness.’
- ‘While academic skills are clearly important, time management, goal focus, and self-advocacy emerged as more important through stories, experiences, and reflections.’
- ‘The theme of self-advocacy in this study is congruent with ideas about the relationship between college student success and self-regulating behavior.’
- ‘They learn about healthy reactions and communication, managing depression, gathering information, physical fitness, nutrition and self-advocacy.’
- ‘Results indicate that life experiences contribute to academic skills, time management, goal focus, and self-advocacy.’
- ‘Understanding helps prepare them for lifelong practices of self-advocacy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.