One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Operating or occurring automatically.‘a self-activating spoiler which pops up at 60 mph’‘the process is self-activating’
mechanized, mechanical, automated, push-button, preprogrammed, computerized, electronic, robotic, unmannedView synonyms
- ‘Two of the lifebuoys should be provided with self-activating smoke signals.’
- ‘He left in 1817 after a pay dispute and in the same year installed gas at the Royal Mint, with Frederick Accum, incorporating a self-activating wet meter of his own design.’
- ‘The self-activating enzyme technology in starts removing odors after moisture comes into contact with the carpet.’
- ‘It features unique self-activating automatic brakes that ensure better control.’
- ‘One of the three genes turned out to be self-activating and was removed from the positive list.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.