One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agent of differential mortality or fertility that tends to make a population change genetically.‘their range of variation is constrained by natural selection pressures imposed by their environment’
- ‘In selection schemes improvements can be larger, but it depends on the structure of the population, the selection pressure, and the restriction on inbreeding imposed.’
- ‘Obviously, the higher their metabolism the greater the selection pressure they would have exerted on the contemporary vegetation.’
- ‘Therefore, the putative selection pressure for metabolic efficiency does not change the rate of nonsynonymous substitutions.’
- ‘What happens is, in theory, unless you apply a selection pressure onto a population it stays the same.’
- ‘Such selection pressure may have different origins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.