One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In Somali society, the segmentary lineage system allows subdivisions of six or more levels of identity, with migration decisions often taken at the sixth level.’
- ‘Although political affiliation is fluid and shifts with changing circumstances, segmentary kinship guarantees every individual basic rights in a wider kinship network.’
- ‘These so-called segmentary systems are organised around a principle of opposition.’
- ‘Unconstrained by male segmentary politics, their differential affinity blurred lines of emnity, producing the prospect of continuing reconciliation.’
- ‘The tribal segmentary system thus fosters an ethic of egalitarianism with its expression found in the members of the corporate patrilineal descent groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.