One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A book of Hebrew religious literature.‘the writing of the Sefer Yesirah’
- ‘This is a powerful way of starting Mishnah Torah, the last Sefer in the Chumash.’
- ‘It is framed by countings in both its opening and closing, and many (including Netziv and Ramban) have commented on this particular structure, noting that it informs us of the very essence of the Sefer.’
- ‘Sefer Vayikra is referred to by the name Torat Kohanim because the Sefer consists mainly of korbanot and other rituals performed by the Kohanim.’
- ‘The Sefer starts off with a detailed counting of Bnai Yisrael.’
- ‘This Sefer suggests that Moshe here was really wondering what he would do if Paroh would listen to him while his own people reject him.’
- 1.1 A scroll containing the Torah or Pentateuch.
From Hebrew sēp̱er tōrāh ‘book of (the) Law’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.