One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For an institution whose culture has been built on order and seemliness, it is deeply distressing to learn of serious flaws and even criminal activity within its fold.’
- ‘Then there arises the question of the seemliness of conferring titles of martyrdom on the victims.’
- ‘Moderation is subdivided into good discipline, seemliness, modesty, and self-control.’
- ‘There is a sort of seemliness by which you can live your life without having great moral principles.’
- ‘Hundreds die everyday without the seemliness of a proper investigation since there is never anyone to care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.