One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For an institution whose culture has been built on order and seemliness, it is deeply distressing to learn of serious flaws and even criminal activity within its fold.’
- ‘There is a sort of seemliness by which you can live your life without having great moral principles.’
- ‘Hundreds die everyday without the seemliness of a proper investigation since there is never anyone to care.’
- ‘Moderation is subdivided into good discipline, seemliness, modesty, and self-control.’
- ‘Then there arises the question of the seemliness of conferring titles of martyrdom on the victims.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.