Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The time taken for a disk drive to locate the area on the disk where the data to be read is stored.
- ‘This, in turn, minimizes disk seek time and maximizes hard disk throughput.’
- ‘This reduces seek times and speeds up cache throughput.’
- ‘Further, optimizing the drives being backed up can help reduce the seek times required to locate the data that will be backed up.’
- ‘Maybe it would be best to interweave sectors from each of the two disks, but remember that the slowest operation on a disk drive is the track seek time.’
- ‘The slow seek time, throughput performance, media characteristics and sequential access nature of tapes and tape drives causes complexity, unreliability and limitations within existing backup systems.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.