One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time taken for a disk drive to locate the area on the disk where the data to be read is stored.
- ‘Maybe it would be best to interweave sectors from each of the two disks, but remember that the slowest operation on a disk drive is the track seek time.’
- ‘This reduces seek times and speeds up cache throughput.’
- ‘Further, optimizing the drives being backed up can help reduce the seek times required to locate the data that will be backed up.’
- ‘This, in turn, minimizes disk seek time and maximizes hard disk throughput.’
- ‘The slow seek time, throughput performance, media characteristics and sequential access nature of tapes and tape drives causes complexity, unreliability and limitations within existing backup systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.