Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who deals in seeds as a profession.
- ‘I've been lucky enough to travel and learn how Europeans use celery, and as a seedsman and part-time breeder, I've grown celery - lots of it.’
- ‘The seedsmen claim that this has an improved range of colours.’
- ‘One of the very real problems a seedsman has, for example, is in recommending a grass to the man who doesn't know what a sunny lawn is.’
- ‘Watson is a man of the land - a seedsman - equally at home cultivating the arts.’
- ‘This section provides useful information to collectors, handlers, seedsmen and nursery managers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.