One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See what direction events are taking before committing oneself.
- ‘I don't spend a lifetime watching which way the cat jumps: I know really which way I want the cat to go.’
- ‘Though the new operating system seemed extremely fast and stable, most PC users decided to wait to see which way the cat jumps.’
- ‘Henry's death has changed matters and now I must see which way the cat jumps, ere I decide whether I stay or return.’
- ‘Like real Dutchmen we wait to see which way the cat jumps before a company will stand up and profess to produce the discs for the European market.’
- ‘Then it will be interesting to see which way the cat jumps.’
- ‘An eavesdropper might attempt to subvert the entire procedure by setting up a fake source that emits three particles rather than two, and intercepting the third stream of particles to see which way the cat jumps.’
- ‘According to a familiar saying, they are waiting to see which way the cat jumps; and when they have ascertained that, their ‘principles’ will lead them to jump in that particular direction.’
- ‘But the others are undecided, waiting to see which way the cat jumps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.