One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Spend a specified amount of time with (someone) socially.‘we saw a lot of the Bakers’
- ‘With him taking Easter off, the keeper and the club captain are going to be seeing a lot of each other next weekend.’
- ‘She's 18 and not working at the moment so I'll be seeing a fair bit of her, though she spends most of her time with her boyfriend.’
- ‘But after their first ‘alone’ date, they saw ever-increasing amounts of each other.’
- ‘Jesper, the Swede who sees a lot of Langer on the Tour, is another who is in awe of his achievements.’
- 1.1 Spend some time in (a place)‘I want to see something of those countries’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.