One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Clearly in light of the comments throughout, the element of confidentiality is essential to the maintenance of the relationship and is one which the community wishes to sedulously foster.’
- ‘He combined cultural Englishness with political cosmopolitanism, and detested political personality cults while sedulously cultivating a public image of himself.’
- ‘Not doubting that this was really the shadow of the planet, I immediately applied myself sedulously to observe it.’
- ‘Despite the mythology, sedulously disseminated by the complicit Scottish media, there never was a pro-devolution consensus.’
- ‘In our accelerated world of time, we seek desperately to harness whatever we can and try even harder to use it sedulously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.