One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His solidarity on that occasion propelled him to assume the general secretaryship of the St Lucia Workers Cooperative Union.’
- ‘As I had done a course in company secretaryship, I decided to take up the project.’
- ‘The office has existed in England for at least 800 years, and began as a sort of secretaryship to the King.’
- ‘He replaces Peter Hain, who now combines the Welsh and Northern Ireland secretaryships.’
- ‘Mrs Taylor's business interests last year included seven company secretaryships and two directorships.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.