One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the work or position of a secretary.‘a secretarial job’‘secretarial staff’‘secretarial skills’
- ‘According to a survey by a secretarial recruitment firm, 65 per cent of workers admit to using business buzzwords.’
- ‘There is no central office or secretarial pool.’
- ‘Recruitment activity is highest at the legal executive and secretarial levels.’
- ‘Two members volunteered to share the secretarial duties.’
- ‘I didn't think to ask about secretarial support.’
- ‘As a youngster, she dreamed of being a ballet dancer, but was instead persuaded to take a secretarial course.’
- ‘The hotel's business centre has office services, a reference library, computer workroom, and secretarial services.’
- ‘She joined the bank as a typist in 1987, following her graduation from college with a basic secretarial qualification.’
- ‘Her dislike of secretarial work surfaces in her relationship with her 'kindred spirit', who is also a writer.’
- ‘Her mother advised her to go to secretarial school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.