A substance which promotes secretion.‘potent secretagogues for calcitonin’
- ‘In vitro, they reduce the ciliary efficiency, and are potent airway mucus secretagogues.’
- ‘The combination of an insulin secretagogue and an insulin sensitizer addresses both processes.’
- ‘If all the peptides present in a single propeptide are processed and released this would lead to a complex secretagogue.’
- ‘To visualize individual cells with their own discharged trichocysts, a saturated solution of picric acid is used as a fixing secretagogue.’
- ‘However, other physicians favor using insulin secretagogues with insulin.’
Early 20th century: from secrete + Greek agōgos leading.