One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ballot in which votes are cast in secret.
- ‘According to McCarthy, because voting involves a secret ballot it is impossible to prove that electronic voting is safe.’
- ‘Fifty Labour councillors last night held a secret ballot and voted to end his 15-year hold on power.’
- ‘The players association should call a secret ballot vote this weekend.’
- ‘Voters cast a secret ballot, and any assessment of who voted or for whom they voted is riddled with difficulty.’
- ‘This follows a 90 percent strike vote in a secret ballot, in which college management were also allowed to participate!’
- ‘Many MPs are refusing to say whom they will vote for in the secret ballot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.