One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The second or lower part in a duet.
- ‘The MIDI accompaniment CD contains the secondo part performed on a digital keyboard with the typical electronic special effects.’
- ‘Ensemble problems are minimal; primo and secondo ranges overlap only in the last piece’
- ‘The Miniatures are inventive, charming pieces with colorful harmonic writing in the secondo part, imaginative rhythmic devices and surprising turns of phrases.’
- ‘Far from the old-style duet where the secondo is merely playing backup for the primo, this duet features a wonderful dialogue between the parts.’
- ‘Famed duet team Weekley and Arganbright have arranged each piece so the primo part is easier than the secondo, frequently with the primo part spanning only five notes in five-finger positions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.