One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the second place (used to introduce a second point or reason)‘he was presented first of all as a hopelessly unqualified candidate and secondly as an extremist’
furthermore, also, moreoverView synonyms
- ‘But secondly, I think it comes back to this piece: we have to teach people management and at the moment we do not.’
- ‘Firstly, he picked them up, and secondly, only turned around under duress.’
- ‘Firstly I don't feel either tactic would work, and secondly I think the price of petrol is still too low.’
- ‘A business, secondly, must earn the going cost of capital on all the money in the business.’
- ‘This is mal-practice for two reasons, people use their phones and secondly fill up their bins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.