The further treatment of sewage effluent by biological methods following sedimentation.‘sewage dumped in certain ‘sensitive’ areas of the sea would be given secondary treatment’as modifier ‘a secondary-treatment stage comprising aerobic biological oxidation and final settlement’
- ‘This waiver allows for less than full secondary treatment of the sewage being discharged into the ocean off Huntington Beach.’
- ‘The next stage is secondary treatment, which is designed to remove soluble organics from the wastewater.’
- ‘Do most sewerage treatment plants only use secondary treatment?’
- ‘Ecosystem damage and fish toxicity occurred downstream from mills that did not use chlorine, even in advanced mills with secondary treatment processes.’
- ‘Most treatment plants also have secondary treatment, whereby sewage is stirred and oxygen is blown in to help beneficial bacteria breed and eat up the ‘solids.’’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.