One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The further treatment of sewage effluent by biological methods following sedimentation.‘sewage dumped in certain ‘sensitive’ areas of the sea would be given secondary treatment’as modifier ‘a secondary-treatment stage comprising aerobic biological oxidation and final settlement’
- ‘Ecosystem damage and fish toxicity occurred downstream from mills that did not use chlorine, even in advanced mills with secondary treatment processes.’
- ‘Do most sewerage treatment plants only use secondary treatment?’
- ‘The next stage is secondary treatment, which is designed to remove soluble organics from the wastewater.’
- ‘Most treatment plants also have secondary treatment, whereby sewage is stirred and oxygen is blown in to help beneficial bacteria breed and eat up the ‘solids.’’
- ‘This waiver allows for less than full secondary treatment of the sewage being discharged into the ocean off Huntington Beach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.