Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for passive smoking
- ‘We are trying to protect people's health from secondary smoking.’
- ‘However, there is considerable evidence suggesting that secondary smoking damages people's health.’
- ‘In Scotland we don't appear to have specific rulings in relation to secondary smoking and until we get them it will be difficult to form a view.’
- ‘Having first-hand experience of living with a smoker for 20 years, I know to my cost just how damaging secondary smoking can be.’
- ‘Ok it has been proven that smoking is bad for the health and that secondary smoking can cause cancer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.