One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sector of the economy concerned with or relating to secondary industry.
- ‘The primary sector employs 22 percent of workers, the secondary sector 28 percent, and the tertiary sector 50 percent.’
- ‘Fish processing on land decreased but the rest of the sub-sectors in the secondary sector grew.’
- ‘Much of the money at the moment is poured into the primary sector in health, leaving the secondary sector in dire straits.’
- ‘There has been a perception in society that the primary sector is of less worth or value than the secondary sector.’
- ‘The revisions exposed a more pronounced primary sector contraction while the secondary sector benefited from higher than estimated growth in meat processing.’
- ‘Changes are needed to provide professional leadership and economic incentives in both primary and secondary sectors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.