Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The sector of the economy concerned with or relating to secondary industry.
- ‘Changes are needed to provide professional leadership and economic incentives in both primary and secondary sectors.’
- ‘There has been a perception in society that the primary sector is of less worth or value than the secondary sector.’
- ‘Fish processing on land decreased but the rest of the sub-sectors in the secondary sector grew.’
- ‘The primary sector employs 22 percent of workers, the secondary sector 28 percent, and the tertiary sector 50 percent.’
- ‘Much of the money at the moment is poured into the primary sector in health, leaving the secondary sector in dire straits.’
- ‘The revisions exposed a more pronounced primary sector contraction while the secondary sector benefited from higher than estimated growth in meat processing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.