Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Industry that converts the raw materials provided by primary industry into commodities and products for the consumer; manufacturing industry.
- ‘If the primary industries are doing fine, that will be a stage for secondary industries to achieve growth.’
- ‘Primary and secondary industries depended upon government-funded services, infrastructure, and immigration.’
- ‘Lumber and construction are secondary industries.’
- ‘Their efforts to diversify their economy by the development of secondary industry have had only limited success.’
- ‘World wool prices had fallen, as had produce prices, the diamond market had fallen and secondary industry was depressed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.