One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something, in particular documentation, which confirms the existence of unavailable primary evidence.
- ‘Many of these contributors are acknowledged experts in their field and their command over both primary and secondary evidence is of a very high standard.’
- ‘Is a copy of it available or is there anything in the papers that contains secondary evidence of its contents?’
- ‘We were, in effect, being asked to draw conclusions from secondary evidence.’
- ‘If the original assignment was not stamped then secondary evidence of it would not be admissible.’
- ‘This is secondary evidence (in one case, hearsay as well) and I have accordingly approached it with caution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.