Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A colour resulting from the mixing of two primary colours.
- ‘Each area is planted with shrubs depicting the six primary and secondary colours.’
- ‘In the second class, we reviewed the color wheel, primary and secondary colors and then learned about complementary colors.’
- ‘Paint the second fish using the secondary colors.’
- ‘The secondary colors of pigment are the primary colors of light.’
- ‘To enhance their ability to identify primary and secondary colours, the kids are allowed to play with woollen balls.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.