Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A colour resulting from the mixing of two primary colours.
- ‘To enhance their ability to identify primary and secondary colours, the kids are allowed to play with woollen balls.’
- ‘In the second class, we reviewed the color wheel, primary and secondary colors and then learned about complementary colors.’
- ‘Each area is planted with shrubs depicting the six primary and secondary colours.’
- ‘Paint the second fish using the secondary colors.’
- ‘The secondary colors of pigment are the primary colors of light.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.