One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The set of permanent teeth that replace the milk teeth in humans and other mammals.
- ‘And now the youngster faces years waiting for his second teeth to grow, eating only soft foods which won't damage his gums.’
- ‘She was 8 when the accident happened, so they were her second teeth.’
- ‘Just as you get second teeth as a child, so you can get new perception, and thus a new life.’
- ‘She's much bigger than seven now and even has all her second teeth.’
- ‘Without baby teeth to guide them into place, her second teeth may emerge in the wrong order or position.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.