The set of permanent teeth that replace the milk teeth in humans and other mammals.
- ‘She's much bigger than seven now and even has all her second teeth.’
- ‘She was 8 when the accident happened, so they were her second teeth.’
- ‘Without baby teeth to guide them into place, her second teeth may emerge in the wrong order or position.’
- ‘Just as you get second teeth as a child, so you can get new perception, and thus a new life.’
- ‘And now the youngster faces years waiting for his second teeth to grow, eating only soft foods which won't damage his gums.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.