Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A second presentation of a bill to a legislative assembly, in the UK to approve its general principles and in the US to debate committee reports.
- ‘If this does not occur, the next step is for the Parliament to have its second reading of the budget.’
- ‘The most important of these are the second reading, the Committee stage, and the report stage.’
- ‘The Government Bill which proposes this legislation will have its second reading in Parliament in January.’
- ‘I have much pleasure in participating in this debate on the second reading of this bill.’
- ‘If the bill is controversial, the second reading debate is likely to occupy a full parliamentary sitting.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.