One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A second presentation of a bill to a legislative assembly, in the UK to approve its general principles and in the US to debate committee reports.
- ‘If this does not occur, the next step is for the Parliament to have its second reading of the budget.’
- ‘The Government Bill which proposes this legislation will have its second reading in Parliament in January.’
- ‘The most important of these are the second reading, the Committee stage, and the report stage.’
- ‘If the bill is controversial, the second reading debate is likely to occupy a full parliamentary sitting.’
- ‘I have much pleasure in participating in this debate on the second reading of this bill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.