One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance whose release within a cell is promoted by a hormone and which brings about a response by the cell.
- ‘Examples of proteins and second messengers that appear to act in multiple response pathways are also described.’
- ‘Calcium is involved as a second messenger in many reactions of the plant cell to external signals.’
- ‘When the neurotransmitter binds to its receptor, it activates the second messenger system.’
- ‘Fatty acids function as second messengers and coregulators of gene transcription.’
- ‘This enzyme is abundantly expressed in the lung tissue and thereby stabilizes the second messenger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.