One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounthe second Adam
(in Christian thought) Jesus Christ.
- ‘The first Adam lost it when he sinned; the second Adam got it back.’
- ‘The first Adam fell, but the second Adam stands and thus destroys Satan.’
- ‘Jesus, the second Adam, became one like us in all things except sin.’
- ‘The first man Adam was a living soul, the second Adam a living giving spirit ’.’
- ‘The family resemblance is unmistakable, except that Adam and Eve are aged and Christ, the second Adam, is eternally young.’
With biblical allusion to 1 Cor. 15: 45–47.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.